It is with much blushing and “aw shucks’es” that I announce my receipt of a Daisy award, from the delightful and mysterious Lily Wight of http://lilywight.com/. Curious as to the origins of this award, I completed some research and discovered the creator of the “Daisy” is one Subtlekate, and you can read of the origins of this award here: http://subtlekate.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/thursday-is-award-day/
In accordance with the rules of this bestowal, I present to you seven interesting facts about my humble self:
1. Up until this morning I was unaware that blog awards existed.
2. It appears that I thrive on positive feedback and the receipt of awards (expected or otherwise)
3. The last gargoyle in my ancestry to have received an award of such eminence was my great-great-uncle Martin, who was awarded the Order of the Marble Bookend for his contribution to treaty negotiations between Shelf Gargoyles and Paper-Eating Insects.
4. I have yet to find an anti-aging cream that works on stone flesh.
5. Contrary to gargoyle social expectations, I am quite interested in maintaining my level of physical fitness. To this end I pratice a strict routine of calisthenics every morning.
6. I am remarkable poor at the game of “pick-up-sticks”.
7. I am remarkably able at maintaining an effective poker face.
The rules of this bestowal also require me to nominate other worthy bloggers for attaining similar heights of daisy-ness. I, as a newish blogger, have taken the executive decision to postpone this duty pending further research in the blogverse. To that end, I will present a new post at a later date announcing my nominations.
Again, many thanks to Lily Wight for this honour – it is quite difficult to make a gargoyle blush, but you have achieved this today.
Until next time,