Afternoon all! After a very brief and not very deeply considered period of reflection, I have decided to take the plunge and host a readers challenge for 2014. I hope you will join me in committing to conquer this most wiley and tricksy of beasts:
The Small Fry Safari KidLit Readers Challenge!
* The Challenge will run from January 1st to December 31, 2014.
* Challengees must read at least one book from each category (listed below).
* Books selected must be aimed at a target age range of under-18, so anything from cloth books to Young Adult is acceptable. Books can be any format you like – print, audio, ebook – and any genre. Alternatively, books could be ABOUT children – for example, parenting books, or memoirs about children
* The categories listed are a loose guide and creative interpretation of the categories is not only encouraged, but applauded. Loudly.
* Challengees should link their reviews/progress under the relevant linky lists on the main challenge page. If you don’t have a blog, you could link to your Goodreads shelf/reviews, or simply comment on the challenge page as you go.
*Feel free to display the challenge button (html for which is in the sidebar) and share about the challenge wherever you like!
1. A book with something related to Safari in the title (eg: Rumble in the Jungle, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt)
2. A book with a piece of furniture in the title: (eg: 100 Cupboards, The Adventures of the Wishing Chair)
3. A book with a specific time in the title: (eg: Grim Tuesday, The Eleventh Hour)
4. A book with someone’s name in the title: (eg: Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair, Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret?, Cinderella Ate My Daughter)
5. A book with something that comes in pairs in the title: (eg: Shoes From Grandpa, The Twins at St Clare’s)
6. A book with something precious in the title: (eg: Where’s the Gold?, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone)
7. A book with something unsightly in the title: (eg: Scarface Claw, The Ugly Duckling, Get Back, Pimple!, Trash )
8. A book with some form of wordplay in the title : (eg: Dark Lord: A Fiend in Need, The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets, The French Confection)
So what are you waiting for?? Click the link to sign up below!
I hope to battle out this challenge with you all by my side, intrepid explorers!
Until next time,