Hello all! I am super excited to provide you with a chance for some holiday-related WINNING via the Kid Lit Giveaway Hop Holiday Extravaganza brought to you by good folks at Mother Daughter Book Reviews and Youth Literature Reviews. The giveaway runs from December 6th to 13th and there are lots of bloggers on the hop giving away holiday or winter themed books, gift cards, and all sorts, so don’t forget to hop around to exponentially increase your chances of acquiring free stuff.
I am going to offer one lucky winner their choice of one of two books that would have featured in my Christmas Lucky Dip feature, had I bothered to compile one. These brilliantly bizarre tomes really sum up what Christmas is all about in my mind – terrified children being force-photographed with a stranger disguised with a false moustache and beard, and rodents in fancy dress.
Click on the book covers to be taken to their respective Goodreads pages.
Nothing says Christmas quite like innocent children shrieking with terror as a stranger dressed in red drags them kicking and screaming onto his lap. Now this time-honored rite of passage is celebrated with a hilarious collection of more than two hundred and fifty priceless photos of kids’ traumatic trips to Santa’s workshop. Scared of Santa offers a cornucopia of photographic funnies—from sixty-year-old family heirlooms to last year’s howlers—along with delightful commentary on those unforgettable childhood visits to scary ol’ Saint Nick.
You know the story …Mary and Joseph make the journey to Bethlehem, only to find there’s no room at the inn. Then along come angels, shepherds and three kings from afar to worship the baby Jesus in the manger. A Guinea Pig Nativity is the classic Christmas story as you’ve never seen it before: with (you guessed it) guinea pigs photographed in the starring roles.
Here’s the skinny on the giveaway:
– The giveaway is open Worldwide, provided you live in a country to which the Book Depository will ship for free. If you’re not sure, you can check out the list here.
– One winner will be chosen at random and will have 48 hours to respond to a congratulatory email before a redraw will occur.
– The winner can choose ONE of the two books as their prize. Not both. Don’t be greedy.
– The giveaway is in no way related to WordPress, Goodreads, The Book Depository, Rafflecopter, Facebook or any other individual or company that is not me.
– I will be checking entries, so be honest.
**Please note: it is highly unlikely that the winner will receive their prize in time for Christmas this year. For that reason, I’ve chosen books that can no doubt be enjoyed all year round! **
Click the link below to hop along to the other blogs and see what goodies are on offer.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to view this Linky Tools list…
Until next time,