Welcome fellow wayfarers to the Small Fry Safari KidLit Readers Challenge 2014! Below are the categories and rules for participation, as well as the linky if you would like to join up.
* The Challenge will run from January 1st to December 31, 2014.
* Challengees must read at least one book from each category (listed below). Challengees must read a DIFFERENT book for each category – even if your book title might fit a number of categories, it will only count towards a single category. Challengees are free to choose which category best suits.
* Books selected must be aimed at a target age range of under-18, so anything from cloth books to Young Adult is acceptable. Books can be any format you like – print, audio, ebook – and any genre. Alternatively, books could be ABOUT children – for example, parenting books, or memoirs about children
* The categories listed are a loose guide and creative interpretation of the categories is not only encouraged, but applauded. Loudly.
* Challengees should link their reviews/progress under the relevant linky lists on this page. If you don’t have a blog, you could link to your Goodreads shelf/reviews, or simply comment on this page as you go.
*Feel free to display the challenge button (html for which is in the sidebar) and share about the challenge wherever you like!
1. A book with something related to Safari in the title (eg: Rumble in the Jungle, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt)
2. A book with a piece of furniture in the title: (eg: 100 Cupboards, The Adventures of the Wishing Chair)
3. A book with a specific time in the title: (eg: Grim Tuesday, The Eleventh Hour)
4. A book with someone’s name in the title: (eg: Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair, Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret?, Cinderella Ate My Daughter)
5. A book with something that comes in pairs in the title: (eg: Shoes From Grandpa, The Twins at St Clare’s)
6. A book with something precious in the title: (eg: Where’s the Gold?, Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone)
7. A book with something unsightly in the title: (eg: Scarface Claw, The Ugly Duckling, Get Back, Pimple!, Trash )
8. A book with some form of wordplay in the title : (eg: Dark Lord: A Fiend in Need, The Perpetual Papers of the Pack of Pets, The French Confection)
So what are you waiting for?? Click the link to sign up below!
COMING SOON: Linky lists for each individual category will be posted in January 2014!